When it comes to toilets, two big names stand out from the rest: Gerber and Toto. Both companies produce high-quality toilets using innovative designs and technology.
However, there are some key differences between gerber vs toto toilets that you should consider when deciding which brand to purchase.
Gerber Toilets Overview
Founded in 1932, Gerber has been designing and manufacturing bathroom fixtures for over 80 years. They are known for their reliable, efficient and affordable toilets.
Some of the key features and benefits of Gerber toilets include:
- Powerful Flush: Gerber uses a siphon jet flush system that produces a strong flush to effectively clear waste. Many Gerber models flush at 1.6 gallons per flush (GPF).
- Water Saving: While offering robust flushing power, many Gerber toilets use only 1.28 GPF, helping conserve water.
- Affordable Pricing: Gerber toilets are very competitively priced, making them a budget-friendly option.
- Elongated Bowls: Most Gerber toilets feature an elongated bowl for added comfort.
- Easy Installation: Gerber toilets are designed for quick and hassle-free installation.
Overall, Gerber offers a great balance of performance, efficiency, value and reliability. They are a good choice for homeowners looking for an affordable but quality toilet.
Toto Toilets Overview
Founded in 1917, Toto is the world’s largest plumbing manufacturer. They are known for pioneering innovations and high-end designs.
Some standout features of Toto toilets include:
- Advanced Flushing Systems: Toto offers several powerful, efficient flushing systems like Tornado Flush and Double Cyclone. Most use only 1.28 GPF.
- High-Tech Features: Many Toto toilets have tech-advanced features like a heated seat, automatic lid, night light, etc.
- Stylish Designs: Toto is known for beautiful, sleek and modern toilet designs to complement any bathroom décor.
- Comfort Height: Most Toto toilets are ADA compliant comfort height between 17-19 inches high.
- Quiet Operation: Toto’s flushing systems operate very quietly.
- Durability: Toto toilets are made from high-quality vitreous china for long-lasting performance.
As a premium brand, Toto toilets command a higher price but offer advanced features and stylish designs. They are ideal for those wanting the best in form and function.
Comparing Key Features
When comparing Gerber vs Toto Toilets, there are a few key differences to consider:
While both brands offer strong, efficient flushing, Toto has a slight edge with innovative systems like Tornado Flush. Gerber uses more standard flushing technology.
Both Gerber and Toto offer low flow 1.28 GPF models to help conserve water. However, Toto also has ultra high-efficiency 1.0 GPF and 0.8 GPF options for even more water savings.
Toto offers a wider range of contemporary, stylish designs versus the more basic Gerber models. Toto has designs like the sleek CurveTM collection.
Toto includes high-tech upgrades like a heated seat, automatic lid, air deodorizer and more. Gerber focuses on reliable performance without advanced gadgets.
Gerber toilet prices typically range from $100-$250, making them an affordable option. Toto toilets cost anywhere from $300 on the low end to $5,000+ for top luxury models.
By comparing these key factors, you can determine which brand better aligns with your priorities, whether it’s value, maximum water conservation, design or high-tech extras.
Top Rated Models
Here is an overview of some of the top rated toilet models from Gerber and Toto:
Gerber Viper Toilet
This powerful, water-efficient workhorse is one of Gerber’s most popular toilets.
- Features: 1.6 GPF, elongated bowl, siphon jet flush
- Prices: $120-$180
- Ratings: 4.5/5 stars
Owners love the Viper for its low cost, robust flush and water savings. It’s a great dependable choice on a budget.
Gerber Avalanche Toilet
This high-efficiency model combines savings and performance.
- Features: 1.28 GPF, compact elongated bowl, gravity flush
- Prices: $180-$250
- Ratings: 4.6/5 stars
With its space-saving design and reduced water usage, the Avalanche is a top pick for many Gerber buyers.
Toto Eco Ultramax ADA Toilet
This versatile eco-model works well in any bathroom.
- Features: 1.28 GPF, elongated ADA compliant bowl, E-Max flushing
- Prices: $300-$450
- Ratings: 4.7/5 stars
Owners praise the Eco Ultramax for being easy to clean, providing a quick, quiet-flowing flush and meeting ADA height standards.
Toto Neorest RH Toilet
This smart toilet has all the high-end bells and whistles.
Features: 1.0 GPF, heated seat, automatic open/close lid, air deodorizer, premist spray
Ratings: 4.9/5 stars
The Neorest RH is Toto’s luxury toilet with all the advanced features you could want. If your budget allows, it’s unmatched in innovation and technology.
As you can see from these top rated models, Gerber offers reliable high-performing toilets at very affordable price points. Toto provides more contemporary design and innovative technology in their toilets at a premium price.
The Bottom Line
When choosing between Gerber and Toto toilets, the right option comes down to your priorities:
- For a reliable, powerful and budget-friendly toilet, Gerber is hard to beat. Their prices make them very accessible.
- If conserving water is crucial, Toto offers the most high-efficiency 1.0 GPF and 0.8 GPF options.
- Those wanting a stylish, modern design and high-tech luxury will prefer a Toto smart toilet.
- Anyone needing an ADA compliant toilet should look at Toto’s wide comfort height selection.
While Gerber is better suited for shoppers on a tight budget, Toto offers greater innovation and designer flair for those who can spend more.
Make sure to compare flush performance, water usage, design, seating height and features during your research. This will help you select the ideal Gerber or Toto toilet for your household needs and bathroom space.
With some smart comparison shopping, you can feel confident choosing a top rated toilet from either of these leading brands.
Q1: Which brand offers more affordable toilets – Gerber or Toto?
A: Gerber toilets are generally more affordable, with prices ranging from $100-$250. Toto is positioned as a premium brand, with most models costing $300 or more. Those on a budget will likely favor the lower prices of Gerber toilets.
Q2: Which brand has more high-efficiency, water-saving toilets?
A: While both Gerber and Toto offer water efficient 1.28 gallon per flush models, Toto has more ultra high-efficiency options going down to 1.0 GPF and 0.8 GPF. For maximum water conservation, Toto has the edge.
Q3: Which brand offers more contemporary toilet designs?
A: Toto is known for more stylish, modern toilet designs compared to the relatively basic styles of most Gerber models. For a sleek, designer look, Toto provides more options.
Q4: Which brand includes more high-tech features in their toilets?
A: Toto offers many advanced features like heated seats, automatic lids, air deodorizers, night lights, etc. Gerber focuses on reliable performance without these gadgets and extras. Those wanting the latest innovations will prefer Toto.
Q5: Which brand has better flush performance and power?
A: Both Gerber and Toto use effective flush systems that will clear waste without clogging. While Toto does have a slight edge in innovation, most users agree both brands provide strong, reliable flush performance. It’s hard to go wrong with either in this regard.