Selling a home in the real estate market such as the one in Denver has become quite challenging. There are plenty of buyers, but there are also plenty of homes as well. That’s why homeowners need to think carefully about the projects they do around their property.
And there’s a good reason for it – not every project brings the value to your home that corresponds to the amount of money and time you invested to do it.
Because of that, you need to be careful when renovating your home and pick the home upgrades that will add value to your Denver house – and this guide will tell you all about it.
Know the True Power of Pressure Washing
Preparing the house for a sale, or simply doing a spring clean can be so much more efficient if you use pressure washing.
This powerful technique can help you give back the old shine to many surfaces of your property – sidewalks, driveway, garage floors, concrete patio, fence, etc.
Over time, dirt piles up on all the outdoor surfaces and it can’t be cleaned only with occasional rain. Power washing some of these items around the house can change the whole look of the property – just be sure to contact a professional for better results.
Do simple Upgrades of your Kitchen
Kitchen is one of the rooms buyers pay most attention to when looking for a home. However, renovating the whole kitchen is rather expensive, and it’s often unnecessary. There are simple home upgrades you can do in the kitchen and increase the value of the property:
- Update kitchen hardware – this is a rather simple change you can do by yourself, and completely change the look of your kitchen.
- Resurface the cabinets – unlike refacing, you don’t need to get new cabinets when resurfacing. This is a simple home upgrade where you give your old cabinets a bit of refreshment and make them look like new.
- Add or change the backsplash – another rather simple task that can completely change the way your kitchen looks.
- Replace the lights – consider the current lights in your kitchen and see if you can add some that would be more effective in that space. It’s important to have different layers of light, set them at proper height and adapt them to the space well.
Invest in Some Outdoor Lights
When it comes to lights, it can be very effective in both interior and exterior of your home. Lights are an important part of the curb appeal, but also increase the safety of your property. Outdoor lighting deck is a rather inexpensive investment and will add value to your Denver house.
Make sure you evaluate the space first, and choose the lights that will highlight the most important features of your home.
Plan getting the fixtures so you can combine them in style, color and strength to make the space more unified and elegant.
Simple Bathroom Upgrades that ad Value to your Home
Bathroom is also on the list of top buyer priorities, so make sure you invest some effort into making it look as presentable as possible. Complete renovation of bathrooms is rather expensive, but there are simple things you can do make your bathroom look more elegant and luxurious:
- Replace the fixtures – new fixtures can completely change the look of your bathroom and make it m ore attractive for buyers. Currently, matte black fixtures are most sought-after, and one of the biggest bathroom trends. Black faucet and other fixtures can adjust to different styles so consider them as a next bathroom upgrade;
- Paint the walls – this is a rather inexpensive, but very powerful project that can make your bathroom look a lot better. Refresh the current color or go bold an change the look of the space completely.
- Replace the old tub with a walk-in shower – such showers make the space more spacious and modern. And if you add some shelves in the wall and a shower seat, your bathroom’s value will jump immediately.
- Add storage – smart storage in bathrooms is not that common, which is why you can use this trick to increase the value of your property. Hanging organizers, tall shelves – use every inch of space for increasing your bathrooms storage capacity.
If storage is an issue in your home, you need to act smart to make it look as spacious as possible. Moving experts from homegorwnmoving.com advise getting a storage unit that will fit your household’s needs.
Use it to store your items when renovating or moving house, or simply for storing some of your belongings to make more space at home.
Fix the Hardwood Floors
Hardwood floors are very much valued in the real estate world. However, if your floors are squeaky, scratched and they lost their initial shine – don’t expect much of them when you decide to sell the house.
One of the simple home upgrades that will add value to your Denver house is restoring your hardwood floors to give them back their glorious looks. Restoring is a much less expensive than getting new floors, and can make a huge change to the way buyers see the property.
Need to Move Out?
Preparing your home for sale can help you sell the property even earlier than you expected. For that reason, be sure to have someone trustworthy by your side to help you relocate.
There are various moving services to choose from, so be sure to pick the option that fits your needs. Taking time to plan the move and browse moving companies and their services will ensure you get the help you really need and avoid becoming overwhelmed with all the common moving stress people go through.
It’s important to add value to your Denver house, especially if you plan on putting it on the market. However, you don’t need to spend a lot of time, energy and money in order to achieve remarkable results and make your property stand out from the rest in the neighborhood. These simple projects will ensure you get the most out of your home and don’t break.